Balancing your blood sugar is one of the most beneficial ways to loose the most fat. As a matter of fact you can loose fat quicker balancing your blood sugar than you can working out in a gym. However doing both, will maximize your results.
Controlling your blood sugar is one of the best way to improve liver function. This is extremely vital to your overall health. The liver is one of the most used organs.
Your liver does everything from immune control, digestion, detox chemicals, build up of proteins, filters your blood, and has many other functions important to your health. Having a healthy liver is the golden key to loosing weight faster.
One of the quickest ways to help restore your liver and balance your blood sugar is to indulge in foods that will help you to do this. As you sprinkle more of these foods into your meals and snacks, three things will happen:
1. These nourishing foods leave less room in your diet for lower quality foods.
2. Depending on your current eating habits, these foods may help you feel more energetic and mentally sharp.
3. You’ll start to gain control over your blood sugar and overall health.
Now here are the 10 nutrient-dense foods:
1. Cinnamon is a tasty food that helps to lower blood sugar. It fits perfectly on top of certain beverages or foods like oatmeal. I particularly like to sprinkle them over my teas or even make homemade teas from fresh cinnamon sticks.
2. Garlic has been known to help with blood sugar levels and increase healthy insulin levels. It also helps to improve the immune system and guard against infection. When my children get ear infections, I often create a homemade ear-drop that is derived from garlic boiled in oil.
3. Avocados are known to help lower insulin resistance. Also, they are a healthy fat that helps the body to stay full longer. I suggest replacing mustard and mayonnaise on sandwiches with avocado instead. It is considered a super food, full of nutrients that also helps with blood pressure. I consume avocados almost on a daily basis.
4. Kale is an amazing super food that I suggest should be enjoyed several times a week, even every day if possible. It contains vitamin C, A, K, calcium, magnesium and antioxidants. I suggest eating raw kale on a salad or in a smoothie; adding orange juice to the raw kale in a shake makes for an indulging smoothie.
Also, homemade kale chips are a delicious treat to have. I usually just scatter a little olive oil and garlic salt and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes or until crispy.
5. Blueberries can help your blood sugar not to spike after eating. They are very low in sugar especially to be considered a fruit. They are also high in nutrients. Many people add high sugar fruits like pineapples and grapes to their vegetable smoothies, but I often add blueberries instead.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar is like an absolute jewel. It helps to lower blood sugar but also has other amazing benefits. It helps with boosting energy levels, detoxing the body, aids in soothing the digestive system and even killing off bad bacteria. Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (mixed with water) a day can go a long way. I recommend Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
You can always add lemon and real cranberry juice (no added sugar) to the water and vinegar to help make it tastier.
7. Salmon has omega-3, which helps keep a healthy heart. Diabetics are often at risk for heart problems. It is also a great protein source and helps with reducing inflammation. I recommend fresh Organic Alaskan Salmon.
8. Almonds have healthy fats that help to decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. They are low in carbohydrates so they turn out to be a healthy food source to maintain healthy blood sugar. You can also use almond butter. I often add organic almond butter to my protein smoothies after my workouts.
9. Oranges are a healthy snack to eat that will not raise blood sugar levels. They are high in vitamin C, which helps with the immune system, and they also have a low glycemic index (GI). Refer to http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/glycemic-index-food-list. I often eat oranges as a healthy snack when I start to get hungry at night.
10. Beans are an affordable low carb food that can help to decrease blood sugar when it has spiked. It is also a great protein and fiber source for the body. I don’t encourage cooking beans in a roux because it contains a lot of salt and flour. I recommend just adding the beans on top of a salad or just plain if you enjoy the taste.